Children have travelled back in time to 1666 when the fire was raging through the streets of London.
During this topic, children will be comparing London in 1666 and London now. Children will be focusing on the following questions:
- What materials are the buildings made from?
- How did people travel?
- What were the roads like?
- What could people see on the streets? What can you see on the streets now?
- Was London a busy place?
- How close were houses in 1666? How close are the houses now?
- How wide were the houses in 1666? How wide are the houses now?
Children also compared life in London for people in 1666 and how differently people lived now in London.