The Great Fire of London
Children have travelled back in time to 1666 when the fire was raging through the streets of London.
During this topic children compared London in 1666 and now. Children focused on the following questions:
- What materials are the buildings made from?
- How did people travel?
- What were the roads like?
- What could people see on the streets? What can you see on the streets now?
- Was London a busy place?
- How close were the houses in 1666? How close are the houses now?
- How wide were the houses in 1666? How wide are the houses now?
Children also compared life in London for people in 1666 and how differently people lived now in London.