Our vision is to make St Matthew's a school that is at the heart of the community; where children and staff strive for excellence, enjoy success and are prepared for the challenges of the 21st century.
- Learning Together
Our school values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
At St Matthew's we aim to:
- Develop and nurture happy and confident children who take ownership of their learning and are proud of their achievements.
- Create a learning environment which is welcoming, supportive and challenging, ensuring that every member of our school community is valued and motivated to succeed.
- To build and nurture close parental partnerships where parents are well informed and purposefully involved in their child's learning and in the life of the school.
- Provide relevant and exciting learning experiences which inspire and develop enthusiastic lifelong learners.
- Uphold the distinctive Christian ethos of our school whilst celebrating the diversity of our wider community.